Over 100 Year History of Wiper Innovation
For over one hundred years, TRICO has engineered and manufactured premium wiper blades, bringing the latest innovations and original equipment rigor and quality to the wiper blade industry to keep you and your passengers safe with maximum visibility in all driving conditions.
Directions: Select a timeframe to view TRICO milestones
1917 Rain rubber introduced.
First mass produced, commercially available wiper blade.
1921 Automatic vacuum wiper motor was introduced.
1923 Crescent cleaner offered.
1927 Visionall® two blade wiper system introduced.
1928 TRICO UK Established.
TRICO’s UK manufacturing plant in Brentford, England, opens.
1929 Dual Wipers.
This innovation marked the period when wiper blades began working in unison to improve visibility.
Our research and manufacturing capabilities include virtually every component of a windscreen wiper/washer system, creating in the process a worldwide powerhouse capable of designing and manufacturing solutions for the vehicles of tomorrow, today.
With over 1,000 patented innovations, and TRICO’s strong,
enduring relationships with original equipment manufacturers fuels our knowledge, keeping us
at the forefront of the wiper industry and allowing us to be the first to bring innovative
solutions to the aftermarket. Every day, we partner with OEM experts to cultivate new ideas that
truly make a difference in wiper blade performance. Throughout the development process, our
products are put through harsher-than-real-world testing conditions.
- KBE – enables wiper system design and integration in the vehicle-specific environment
- FEA: Static and dynamic – performed to simulate conditions where systems are most likely to fail
- CFD: 2-D and 3-D
- Thermal FEA
- Magnetic FEA
- Proprietary Variflex beam blade design software
- Monthly review by each business unit for ongoing analysis of trends, claims and failures; summary reported in Monthly Quality Review
- Weekly reviews of returned part analysis among design engineering, plant warranty group and plant quality
- Formalized Corrective Action System to address new issues
A focus on quality so drivers can focus on the road.
Trico Products ensures that quality improvement is continuous, effective and a pervasive theme throughout all business activity. The commitment and policy for quality are expressed in the KEY OBJECTIVES for quality:
- Provide best-in-class products and services
- Continuous improvement approach to all aspects of the business
- Motivate, train and educate all employees
- Provide an environment that supports teamwork and personal growth
TRICO’s quality program is certified ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016.
The Management System requires, among other things:
- Understanding the organization and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Identification of objectives and implementation of actions for improved performance
- A proactive management for quality impacts to the organization
As a world-class manufacturer of windshield wiper systems, TRICO is not only committed
to supplying the highest quality wiper products, but also to how our manufacturing processes
impact our employees and the environment. We have developed several internal policies and
annual goals to ensure that we always meet the highest standards.
- TRICO has its own waste water treatment facilities wherever the manufacturing or finishing processes involve contact water to ensure wastewater discharges comply with effluent limitations
- The use of plastic returnable containers for both interplant shipments and for final delivery to customers greatly reduces the amount of scrap wooden pallets, scrap cardboard, etc.
- Programs are in place to recycle all spent solvents and used oils/lubricants
- New program related to opportunity chargers for forklift batteries is expected to result in less energy consumption at time of battery recharge
TRICO is dedicated worldwide to providing a healthy, safe workplace and conducting its operations in an environmentally responsible manner. Our policy for the environmental management system is expressed through our commitment to:
- Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and corporate initiatives
- Reducing environmental impact through prevention of pollution
- Setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Continual improvement of health, safety and environmental performance
We also have specific reduction goals related to energy consumption and waste generation, including:
- Hazardous waste minimization
- Recycling programs
- Electricity use
- Natural gas use
- Water use
- IATF 16949:2016
- Unsurpassed warranty performance
- World class PPM level – running below 10
- TRICO's EMS program has been certified to ISO 14001 since 2002
- Identification of all environmental impacts and associated aspects
- Identification of environmental objectives and implement actions for improved performance
- A proactive management of the environmental impact of an organization
- Minimize how their operations negatively affect the environment
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements
- Improve the environmental footprint of their operations
- They can trust that the company is actively minimizing their environmental impact
- There is proof that the company has been measured against best practice standards and found compliant